21. We’ll have an English ________ / test / tomorrow.
A. take B. team C. taxi D. test
22. I want a pet ________/ k?t /.
A. cat B. cut C. kite D. kid
23. Could you please ________ / draIv / me to my workplace?
A. dive B. drink C. drive D. dream
24. Open the window and let the ________ / fre? / air in.
A. fish B. fresh C. free D. trash
25. Alice is writing a ________ / 'let? / to her brother. He is now in Australia.
A. letter B. litter C. least D. butter
III. 选择填空 从每题A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出一个最佳答案。(30分)
26. –Excuse me, Jack. What’s this in English?
–It’s _______ eraser.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
27. –Who’s your science teacher this term?
–Mr. Wang. _______ is a good teacher.
A. I B. She C. He D. You
28. –Pete, what’s your favorite subject?
–_______. It’s really interesting.
A. Art B. Red C. Milk D. Soccer
29. My sister is good _______ skateboarding. And she swims well, too.
A. for B. at C. with D. in
30. –_________ is Father’s Day?
–It’s the third Sunday in June.
A. What B. Why C. When D. Where
31. –What does your friend look like?
–She is of medium build, and she has _______ hair.
A. sad B. long C. busy D. small
32. –What do you think of The GrandMasters, Lily?
–I love it. I think it’s a very successful action movie, _______ Tony thinks it’s boring.
A. and B. because C. if D. but
33. Jack’s mother was twenty-seven when he was born. Jack is eleven this year. How old is his mother?
A. 56 B. 49 C. 38 D. 40
34. –Lucy, please don’t play with fire!
A. You’re welcome B. I don’t think so
C. That sounds good D. Sorry, Miss Li
35. After visiting different countries, I found _______ very important to learn about table manners.
A. it B. that C. this D. us
36. –At our school, we have to _______ uniforms every day.
–So do we.
A. join B. wear C. agree D. build
37. --How many boys _______ in your group?
A. are there B. is there C. there are D. there is
38. –Hi, Bruce! I haven’t seen you for such a long time. It _______ that you’ve changed a lot.
–Yes, time flies!
A. says B. looks C. seems D. makes
39. –How are you today, Francis?
–Much _______, but my doctor says I’ll still have to rest for another few days.
A. well B. good C. better D. best
40. –Have you ever _______ to Singapore?
A. are B. were C. was D. been
41. My parents often tell me _______ too much junk food. It’s bad for my health.
A. not eating B. don’t eat C. not eat D. not to eat
42. –What did you find in the zoo?
–The animals _______ in tiny cages and they could hardly move at all.
A. keep B. kept C. were kept D. were keeping
43. –What time were you supposed _______?
–At six o’clock. But I arrived at six thirty.
A. arrive B. arrived C. arriving D. to arrive
44. –Whose volleyball is this?
–It _______ belong to Carol. She loves volleyball.
A. must B. mustn’t C. can D. can’t
45. –Excuse me. _______
–Just go straight and turn left. It’s on your right.
A. Can I help you? B. Where is the nearest station?
C. What’s the matter? D. What would you like to eat?
47. –_______ nice day! Why not go hiking?
–Great idea. Let’s go.
A. What a B. What C. How D. How a
48. When you see some waste paper on the ground, you should _______ and put it in the trash bin.
A. give it away B. pick it up C. turn it on D. put it out
49. –Jim, I will go to Hong Kong tomorrow.
A. Me neither. B. Not at all. C. It doesn’t matter. D. Have a good trip!
50. –Where would you like to go on vacation?
–I’d like to go _______.
A. something interesting B. somewhere relaxing
C. exciting something D. beautiful somewhere
51. –Would you mind _______ the yard?
–OK. I’ll do it in a minute.
A. clean B. cleans C. cleaning D. to clean
52. –What _______ if you don’t finish your work on time?
–Mrs Brown will be very angry.
A. happens B. is happened C. happened D. will happen
53. –I’ll make some dumplings for dinner.
–Great! Let me help you _______ the meat.
A. cut up B. come up C. stay up D. put up
54. –How long has John _______?
–For almost eight months.
A. become an engineer B. stayed in Beijing
C. joined the music club D. bought the CD player
55. –Could you please tell me _______?
–Sure. Park it right here.
A. when did you go to the park B. when you went to the park
C. where I can park my car D. where can I park my car
One afternoon just before Christmas it was cloudy with strong wind. An old man was walking in the street when he saw a little boy 56 in front of a beautiful shop window. The old man asked
57 he was crying there. The little boy said that he had lost the 58 dollars given by his mother. When the old man heard this, he put his hand 59 his pocket, took out a small wallet and gave the boy what was inside. The little boy looked at 60 and stopped crying. The old man walked away.
An hour 61 , the old man was going back home by the same route. To his surprise, he saw the same boy at the same place. The boy was standing in the 62 wind. He went up to him and asked if he had really lost his 63 . The little boy said that he had found his ten dollars. He was waiting for him there. He wanted to 64 the ten dollars to him. The old man was so moved that he could say 65 .
56. A. crying B. speaking C. shouting D. looking
57. A. what B. where C. how D. why
58. A. ten B. eight C. six D. five
59. A. on B. behind C. into D. over
60. A. me B. it C. you D. her
61. A. ago B. before C. later D. after
62. A. shy B. hot C. warm D. cold
63. A. money B. mother C. book D. wallet
64. A. borrow B. lend C. return D. keep
65. A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
V.补全对话 阅读对话，从每题A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出一个最佳答案完成对话。(5分)
A: How was your day off, Tina?
B: Oh, it was awful.
A: Really? 66
B: Well, we wanted to go camping, but the weather was terrible. 67
A: Oh, that’s too bad. Then what did you do? Did you watch TV at home?
B: No. 68 . It was boring.
A: Sounds terrible, Tina.
A: I think I had great fun. I went to the museum and met a famous actor. 70 And I got his autograph.
B: That sounds wonderful.
66. A. What happened? B. Are you OK?
C. Can you help me? D. How is the weather?
67. A. It is raining now. B. It rained all the time.
C. It is sunny. D. It was fantastic.
68. A. We often go there by ship. B. We will go out for a walk.
C. We helped mom with the chores. D. We like delicious food.
69. A. Would you like to go with me? B. When did you get to the museum?
C. Why did you meet a famous actor? D. How about your day off, Tony?
70. A. I’m going to be a nurse. B. I don’t like action movies.
C. I can’t stand soap operas. D. I took a photo with him.
The students were having their chemistry class. Miss Li was telling the children what water was like. After that, she asked her students, “What’s water?” No one spoke for a few minutes. Miss Li asked again, “Why don’t you answer my question? Didn’t I tell you what water is like?”
Just then a boy put up his hand and said, “Miss Li, you told us that water has no color and no smell. But where can we find such kind of water?The water in the river behind my house is always black and it has a bad smell.” Most of the children agreed with him.
“I’m sorry, children,” said the teacher. “Our water is getting dirtier and dirtier. That’s a problem.”
71. Miss Li was a _______ teacher.
A. English B. Chinese C. chemistry D. math
72. Miss Li was telling the children what ______ was like.
A. water B. air C. earth D. weather
73. A boy said, “The water in the river behind my house is always _______.”
A. white B. black C. clean D. clear
74. Most of the children _______ the boy.
A. agreed with B. wrote to
C. heard from D. sent for
75. The water in the river has color and smell because it is getting _______.
A. more and more B. less and less
C. cleaner and cleaner D. dirtier and dirtier
It was Mother’s Day. John was so busy with his work that he couldn’t go back home. When he walked by a flower shop in the evening, an idea came to his mind. “I’ll send Mum some roses (玫瑰).”
While John was picking his flowers, a young man went inside. “How many roses can I get for only five dollars, Madam?” he asked. The shop assistant told him that roses were as expensive as forty dollars a dozen (一打). Maybe he would be happy with carnations(康乃馨). She told him they were a lot cheaper than roses.
“No, I have to have red roses,” he said, “My mum was badly ill last year and I didn’t get to spend much time with her. Now I want to get something special, it has to be roses, as the rose is her favorite.”
After hearing this, John said he would pay the rest of the money for the young man. Moved by both of them, the shop assistant said, “Well, lovely young men, thirty dollars a dozen, only for you two.” Taking the roses, the young man almost jumped into the air. He thanked
John, and ran out of the shop. It was well worth twenty-five dollars John paid to see the exciting moment. Then John paid for his dozen of roses and told the shop assistant to send them to his mother.
As he walked out, he felt nice. Suddenly he saw the young man crossing the street and going into a park. But soon he realized it was not a park but a cemetery (墓地). Crying, the young man carefully laid the roses, “Mum, oh, Mum, why didn’t I tell you how much I loved you? God, please help me find my mum and tell her I love her.”
Seeing this, John turned and quickly walked back to the shop. He would take the flowers home himself.
76. The shop assistant tried to ask the young man to buy carnations instead of roses because _____.
A. there were not enough roses in the shop
B. carnations were much nicer than roses
C. roses were more expensive than carnations
D. carnations were special flowers for Mother’s Day
77. John spent _______ in the flower shop that day.
A. $5 B. $25 C. $ 45 D. $ 55
78. The young man cried at the cemetery because he _______.
A. had spent all his money on the roses
B. wasn’t able to tell his mother he loved her himself
C. felt sorry to ask John to pay for his flowers
D. hadn’t got enough money for his sick mother
79. At last John decided to take the roses home himself because he wanted to _______.
A. tell his mother he loved her B. ask his mother for more money
C. tell his mother the young man’s story D. ask his mother if she liked roses
80. The writer wrote this passage to tell us “_______”.
A. Buy roses for your mother when she is ill
B. Let your mother know how much you love her
C. Work hard to get more money for your mother
D. Send your mother flowers on Mother’s Day
Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa. It is also the second largest lake in the world. It is an important lake because it is one of the sources(源头) for the longest river in the world, the Nile River. Lake Victoria provides a source of water, food, and power(电力) for several African countries. Lake Victoria is a big part of African life.
Unfortunately, Lake Victoria has a problem. It is shrinking. There are several power stations at Lake Victoria in Uganda. These are on the Nile River, and besides producing power, they keep the water of the lake at a certain level. For the past forty years, that level has been 11.9 meters. Over the last several years, the water level has dropped by about 2.5 meters. There seem to be several reasons for this drop.
One possible reason is drought(干旱). Drought has been very bad in the area since 2000. Lake Victoria gets all of its water from rain, so the drought means less water in the lake.
However, some environmentalists believe that the real problem is the power plants(工厂) on Lake Victoria. Uganda depends on those power plants for most of its power, and they made the power plants larger in 2000. Many people believe the power plants have been taking too much water off Lake Victoria. As a result, they have been asked to use less water until Lake Victoria goes back to its old level.
Whether the low water level is caused by drought or power plants, the result is the same. This is already a poor area of Africa, where many people live a really hard life. People, animals and plants around Lake Victoria will suffer even more from low water levels on the lake. Many people need Lake Victoria for fishing or growing food. Fish need the water to live, and animals need it for water. Plants around the lake will die without the water, and then more animals and people will suffer. Unless the lake fills soon, many people will suffer and die.
81. Lake Victoria is __________.
A. an important lake in Africa B. the largest lake in the world
C. the source of water, food and power for America D. the only source for the Nile River
82. What does “It is shrinking” most probably mean?
A. It is becoming larger. B. It is becoming more beautiful.
C. It is becoming smaller. D. It is becoming more useful.
83. The water level of Lake Victoria is now __________.
A. 2.5 meters B. 11.9 meters C. 14.4 meters D. 9.4 meters
84. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Rain water is the only source for the lake.
B. There has been little rain in the lake area since 2000.
C. The power plants in Uganda provide water for the lake.
D The power plants in Uganda were made larger in 2000.
85. According to the passage, how can we solve the problems around Lake Victoria?
A. People must build more power plants.
B. More sources of water must be found.
C. Every country should offer some money to Africa.
D. All the people living in the area should move to another place.
they time both than polite
Some people in Britain and America like to invite friends to dinner at home. But this is more common in America (86)______________ in Britain. Don’t worry if your English friends don’t invite you home. It doesn’t mean that (87)______________ don’t like you.
When you are invited to an evening dinner, ask your friends what (88)______________ you should arrive. It is a good idea to take a small present when you arrive, and it is (89)______________ to say how much you like the house, the room, or the pictures in the room. But don’t ask how much these things cost. In this way, (90)______________ you and your friends will have a pleasant get-together.
B. 阅读短文，从方框中选择适当的动词，并用其适当形式填空。有的需要加助动词或不定式符号 (每词限用一次)。
be go work leave regard
Mr Jackson is sixty-four years old. He (91) ______________ in a high school in a small town. All the town people know him very well because he (92) ______________ a teacher there for over forty years.
Mr Jackson was born in London. He was twenty-two when he (93) ______________ college. Then he came to the small town to teach. He is hard-working and always makes his lessons interesting. He likes his students and the students like him, too. He (94) ______________ as the best teacher in the school.
Mr Jackson will retire next year. But he doesn’t plan (95) ______________ back to London. “I think this small town is my hometown. I won’t leave it,” he said.
96. They get up early in the morning. (改为一般疑问句)
_____________ they _____________ up early in the morning?
97. I like action movies and comedies. (就句子划线部分提问)
_____________ _____________ of movies do you like?
98. Kate asked me, “Do you know Sandy’s address?” (改写句子，句意不变)
Kate asked me _____________ I _____________ Sandy’s address.
99. I can’t buy that watch because I have run out of money. (改写句子，句意不变)
I can’t buy that watch because I have _____________ _____________ all my money.
100. They don’t allow students to use mobile phones at school. (改写句子，句意不变)
Students _____________ _____________ to use mobile phones at school.
Jane Goodall is one of the most well-known scientists in the world. Much of the information we have today about chimpanzees comes from the research of Jane Goodall.
Jane Goodall was born in London in 1934. She became interested in animals and animal stories when she was a very young child. She always dreamed of working with wild animals. When she was eleven years old, she decided that she wanted to go to Africa to live with and write about animals. But this was not the kind of thing young women usually did in the 1940s. Everybody was laughing except her mother. “If you really want something, you work hard, you take advantage of opportunity, you never give up, you find a way,” her mother said to her. The opportunity came at last. A school friend invited her to Africa. Jane worked as a waitress until she had got enough money to travel there.
In 1957, Jane Goodall traveled to Africa. She soon met the well-known scientist Louis Leakey and began working for him as an assistant. He later asked her to study a group of chimpanzees living by a lake in Tanzania. Very little was known about wild chimpanzees at that time.
Jane spent many years studying chimpanzees in this area of Africa. It was not easy work.They were very shy and would run away whenever she came near. She learned to watch them from far away using binoculars. Over time, she slowly gained their trust(信任). She gave the chimpanzees human names such as David Graybeard, Flo and Fifi. Watching the chimpanzees, she made many discoveries. They ate vegetables and fruits. But she found that they also eat meat. A few weeks later, she made an even more surprising discovery. She saw chimpanzees making and using tools(工具) to help them catch insects.
Jane Goodall has written many books for adults and children about wild chimpanzees. Her most recent book is called Hope for Animals and Their World. It tells about saving several kinds of endangered animals.
From the first two paragraphs we know Jane Goodall is a __________, and she had a special interest in ___________ when she was a young girl.
In order to __________ to travel to ___________, Jane Goodall once worked as a waitress.
What is Jane Goodall’s most surprising discovery?
What is Jane Goodall famous for?
I.BCCAB ACCBA BACAB ACBCA
III.BCABC BDCDA BACCD DCDAB CABDB CDABC
VI.CABAD CDBAB ACDCB
VII.86.than 87.they 88.time 89.polite 90.both
91.works 92.has been 93.left 94.is regarded 95.to go
VIII.96.Do, get 97.What kind 98.if, knew 99.used up
104.Chimpanzees make and use tools.
105. She is famous for studying chimpanzees in Africa/her research about chimpanzees/discovering many facts about chimpanzees.